I've been cooped up in my studio for the past two days working on multiple projects, so I decided to take a break, go lay by the pool and write todays blog. It is very important for me to change up environments throughout the week so I don't get burnt out or uninspired! This gives me a peaceful break, a fresh perspective & more space for creative thought. I absolutely love designing jewelry & losing my desire to create would be a total bummer.
A few examples of how I stay inspired & motivated.
- Exercise and outdoor activities really help. Taking time in nature and focusing on the exterior sounds instead of my own monkey mind does wonders.
- Changing up my work space 2 or 3 times a week. coffee shop, pool side, a friends place, or being outside where I can focus is great for me!
- Simple yoga stretches to relax muscles and let the blood flow! Especially when I'm working at my bench for 4 plus hours a day. (This break is a must)
- Helping others with their goals or teaching them skills I've learned
- Taking time to create something besides jewelry, wether it be an art installation with friends or learning a new skill and/or trade.
- Meditation is the best tool I use to stay on my path. I use my bella beat to track my meditation practice, but stillI fall off from time to time.
I know this blog is supposed to be about the creative process of day sixes design but I just wanted to share with you what I need to do to stay in my creative happy zone. If you are feeling stuck in your monkey mind you are so welcome to use any of the examples above! I strongly encourage it.
Oh my gosh! I'm so in love with these dainty gemstone bracelets! The little brass hexagon charms are such a nice touch. Each hexagon charm was hand fabricated, stamped, sanded & polished. Once again, I'm supporting local business, the 4mm gemstone beads are purchased locally in Phoenix, AZ!
These bracelets will be available in six different natural gemstone colors Thursday April 5th, @ 2pm MT! 20% of your purchase will be donated to help sustain the honey bees life. Stay tuned!
I am very fortunate to be able to share my love for art, jewelry, the environment & so many other facets of this wonderful life. Enjoy the rest of the week.
Click below to purchase from the Bee Kind Collection